"Nobody really knows what's going on," US authorities said as they rush to increase the number of migrants in Guantanamo Bay.

Defense Department and Homeland Security officials are rushing to erect several tent facilities in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to house thousands of migrants. However, the disorganized efforts have raised internal concerns about who will be in charge and what will happen once people get to the location.

Several federal agencies, including Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Customs and Border Protection, each with their own set of responsibilities and areas of expertise, have been involved in the historic decision to transport migrants from the United States to Guantanamo Bay.

Although DHS and DOD have previously collaborated on border security tasks, officials told CNN that working together at Guantanamo has proven to be a difficult task fraught with uncertainty.

Nobody truly understands the situation with DOD, ICE, and CBP. Everyone is blaming others, claiming that "they are in charge," "they are paying for this," and "they are providing security." According to a source familiar with the preparations, "no one actually knows."

Immigrant advocates have criticized the Trump administration's decision to start sending migrants to Guantanamo Bay on US military planes last week, and the American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit over the migrants' lack of access to legal counsel.

According to official statistics provided to CNN, seven military planes have transported 98 migrants from the United States to Guantanamo Bay as of Wednesday.

"More planning ought to have been done before the execution. Another person with knowledge of the matter told CNN, "Now that execution has started, everyone is attempting to go back to planning."

The source went on to say, "Everyone is fighting for command, control, and direction."

The process by which the administration selects individuals for transfer is unknown. According to one source acquainted, all of them have been men thus far and were judged to have "criminality," which can range from more minor infractions of immigration laws to alleged membership in the infamous Tren de Aragua gang.

Guantanamo Bay is detaining illegal aliens with final deportation orders in addition to violent gang members and other high-threat individuals.A senior Homeland Security source told CNN that "every single alien at Guantanamo Bay has a final deportation order," adding that "all these individuals committed a crime by entering the United States illegally."

According to the official, the migratory operations center houses detainees with final deportation orders, while the maximum-security prison on the site houses high-risk inmates.

Three Venezuelan immigrants who had not been chosen for Guantanamo but who, according to immigrant advocacy groups, fit the administration's target description were temporarily barred from being sent by a federal court over the weekend.

"I want people to spend weeks and months away from these facilities. Kristi Noem, the secretary of homeland security, told CNN's Dana Bash, "I hope they can incarcerate them, take them, follow the procedure, and return them to their country during their brief stay." Over the weekend, Noem traveled to Guantanamo Bay to evaluate the newly developed tent facilities.

However, CNN was informed by those familiar with the procedure that no specific plan has been presented for what will happen to the individuals after they reach the base, including when they will be sent back to their home countries.

With the exception of minors, officials are getting ready to house all populations. However, not all nations are quick to repatriate their citizens. While some nations receive more than one deportation flight in a single week, others do not. Additionally, although Venezuela has resumed repatriation flights, they were previously temporarily began under former President Joe Biden before being abruptly stopped.

According to one of the sources, "timeframes have not been discussed."

A migrant operating facility for individuals detained at sea and not transported from US territory has been at Guantanamo for many years. Usually, those people have been repatriated promptly.

The initiatives at Guantanamo are currently being supported by more than 700 military troops. Tent structures are being constructed in preparation for the 30,000 people who will be moved there; they are arranged side by side and can accommodate up to 100 people each.

However, there are still unanswered questions regarding who will be in charge of site security. Although ICE is likewise severely underfunded, White House border czar Tom Homan previously stated that the agency will operate the facility. According to a US official, DOD may eventually assume more extensive security duties, but ICE would be in charge of more individualized monitoring of the migrants.

Additionally, it's unclear if DHS or DOD would be in custody. According to one of the people acquainted with the preparations, the vagueness also created questions about what the military would be charged with in the future, given the stringent standards and authorities for military personnel to deal with migrants and carry out law enforcement tasks.

Since it involves Venezuelan gang members traveling to Guantanamo, nobody is very bothered or concerned about it at this time, and the typical American is probably okay with it. However, it simply becomes hazardous once we begin to blur that line," the person stated.

The absence of legal access to the website is one of the main issues facing immigration advocates.

The ACLU filed a complaint on Wednesday, demanding video and phone access to migrant inmates as well as quick in-person access. Some relatives of Gitmo captives as well as legal groups seeking access to provide representation are among the plaintiffs.

"Immigrants from the United States are being sent to Guantanamo for the first time ever without being allowed to consult with attorneys. Lee Gelernt, an attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union and the case's lead counsel, stated, "This unprecedented move is shocking and should worry everyone who thinks of the United States as a country guided by the rule of law."